Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Snickerdoodledoo! Wahooo!

Posted by LeighAnne at 9:42 AM

summer 028

Snickerdoodles are my FAVORITE cookies. They are just so good. They aren’t plain like a sugar cookie, but aren’t too complicated like a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. They are perfect. I don’t normally make cookies, but wanted to send Lane to a party with something that was easy to travel with and we all know how I drive when there are cupcakes in the car…so, snickerdoodles were the answer! I searched for a while trying to find a recipe that didn’t use shortening. It’s just really, really bad for you and I really, really wanted to eat a lot of cookies! So, I came across this recipe from the amazing Annie’s Eats. I haven’t made anything of hers yet that isn’t amazing. (If you have an ice cream maker, you should also try her strawberry ice cream!!)

These cookies are the perfect snickerdoodle (despite what the fuzzy picture shows..) They have a bit of a crunchy exterior and a super soft interior. They are fluffy and buttery and melt in your mouth!

Snickerdoodles

2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1 c. unsalted butter, softened
1 3/4 c. sugar, divided
2 large eggs
4-5 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

Put butter and 1 1/2 c. sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about three minutes. Mix in eggs.

Reduce speed to low and gradually incorporate flour mixture.

In a small bowl, stir together remaining 1/4 c. sugar and cinnamon to preferred ratio. Shape dough into 1 3/4 in. balls (you should have about 20). Roll in cinnamon sugar and place three inches apart on baking sheets lines with parchment paper.

Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, twelve to 15 minutes. Let cool on wire racks.  ENJOY!!

summer 029

0 comments on "Snickerdoodledoo! Wahooo!"

Post a Comment

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Snickerdoodledoo! Wahooo!


summer 028

Snickerdoodles are my FAVORITE cookies. They are just so good. They aren’t plain like a sugar cookie, but aren’t too complicated like a white chocolate macadamia nut cookie. They are perfect. I don’t normally make cookies, but wanted to send Lane to a party with something that was easy to travel with and we all know how I drive when there are cupcakes in the car…so, snickerdoodles were the answer! I searched for a while trying to find a recipe that didn’t use shortening. It’s just really, really bad for you and I really, really wanted to eat a lot of cookies! So, I came across this recipe from the amazing Annie’s Eats. I haven’t made anything of hers yet that isn’t amazing. (If you have an ice cream maker, you should also try her strawberry ice cream!!)

These cookies are the perfect snickerdoodle (despite what the fuzzy picture shows..) They have a bit of a crunchy exterior and a super soft interior. They are fluffy and buttery and melt in your mouth!

Snickerdoodles

2 3/4 c. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. coarse salt
1 c. unsalted butter, softened
1 3/4 c. sugar, divided
2 large eggs
4-5 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.

Put butter and 1 1/2 c. sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy, about three minutes. Mix in eggs.

Reduce speed to low and gradually incorporate flour mixture.

In a small bowl, stir together remaining 1/4 c. sugar and cinnamon to preferred ratio. Shape dough into 1 3/4 in. balls (you should have about 20). Roll in cinnamon sugar and place three inches apart on baking sheets lines with parchment paper.

Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are golden, twelve to 15 minutes. Let cool on wire racks.  ENJOY!!

summer 029

0 comments:

Post a Comment