Friday, January 11, 2013

Wright’s First Christmas

Posted by LeighAnne at 3:17 PM

Wright’s first Christmas was so much fun. Well, for me. I doubt he’ll remember, but that’s ok. I’ve got copious amounts of pictures to show him. Everyone might have gone overboard on his gifts for him (is it bad that I might save some for his first birthday and just re-wrap them?!?). He LOVED opening the presents. He would get so excited to tear off the paper and his eyes would get really wide and curious every time he opened a box. There was no shortage of joy this Christmas.

DSC_0050DSC_0093DSC_0116DSC_0227

It was really fun to have our first Christmas in our house with Wright. I always dreamed that when I had a family, we would all wear matching PJ’s on Christmas morning. I couldn’t find matching ones, but everyone did have cute PJ’s! Lane’s even had Boston terriers wearing Santa hats! DSC_0367DSC_0340DSC_0361

That morning we made some fancy coffee and Eggs Benedict Casserole and just lounged around. We are very, very blessed and this was a wonderful Christmas. My favorite gift from Lane is a pearl (Wright’s birthstone) and diamond ring. I wear it with such joy! I got Lane a ping pong table, which we have thoroughly enjoyed. (Note to self: Always get husband gifts that you can enjoy too!) I think Lane underestimated my ping pong skills and we’ve had some good battles lately.

We’re excited about this new year. We’re headed to Las Vegas (our first time to leave Wright for more than a night! CAN I DO IT??) for a convention for my job and Lane has a guys trip and I have a girls trip planned for the spring, so 2013 is already looking wonderful. Wright started Mother’s Day Out two days a week and I think he really likes it. Like, maybe too much? He doesn’t really seem to care that I’m there to pick him up. In fact, he seems kind of pissed that I took him away from all the cool toys. I’ll just assume that he is already taking to the school atmosphere and will excel when he gets to real school. Smile 

Happy New Year to everyone. XOXO

0 comments on "Wright’s First Christmas"

Post a Comment

Friday, January 11, 2013

Wright’s First Christmas


Wright’s first Christmas was so much fun. Well, for me. I doubt he’ll remember, but that’s ok. I’ve got copious amounts of pictures to show him. Everyone might have gone overboard on his gifts for him (is it bad that I might save some for his first birthday and just re-wrap them?!?). He LOVED opening the presents. He would get so excited to tear off the paper and his eyes would get really wide and curious every time he opened a box. There was no shortage of joy this Christmas.

DSC_0050DSC_0093DSC_0116DSC_0227

It was really fun to have our first Christmas in our house with Wright. I always dreamed that when I had a family, we would all wear matching PJ’s on Christmas morning. I couldn’t find matching ones, but everyone did have cute PJ’s! Lane’s even had Boston terriers wearing Santa hats! DSC_0367DSC_0340DSC_0361

That morning we made some fancy coffee and Eggs Benedict Casserole and just lounged around. We are very, very blessed and this was a wonderful Christmas. My favorite gift from Lane is a pearl (Wright’s birthstone) and diamond ring. I wear it with such joy! I got Lane a ping pong table, which we have thoroughly enjoyed. (Note to self: Always get husband gifts that you can enjoy too!) I think Lane underestimated my ping pong skills and we’ve had some good battles lately.

We’re excited about this new year. We’re headed to Las Vegas (our first time to leave Wright for more than a night! CAN I DO IT??) for a convention for my job and Lane has a guys trip and I have a girls trip planned for the spring, so 2013 is already looking wonderful. Wright started Mother’s Day Out two days a week and I think he really likes it. Like, maybe too much? He doesn’t really seem to care that I’m there to pick him up. In fact, he seems kind of pissed that I took him away from all the cool toys. I’ll just assume that he is already taking to the school atmosphere and will excel when he gets to real school. Smile 

Happy New Year to everyone. XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment